Thursday, November 17, 2011

stuffy.

Leah's phrase at 12:30, 2, 5, and 7 this morning was, "I stuffy.".  Poor kiddo is super congested.  She was as happy as could be once she woke up, and although still stuffy, she was in good spirits most of the day.  She didn't eat much for breakfast, and after taking a nice nap she requested macaroni and cheese.  Normally, since she was congested, I would have said no, but I could tell she really wanted it.  I really wanted her to get something filling anyway, so I whipped some up from a recipe I found on Pinterest (my new favorite website).  I have always wanted to make homemade macaroni and cheese, but I always had an assumption it was so hard.  Well, I am here to tell you it is so easy, and it tastes amazing!!  


Here's the recipe:



Ingredients:
2 cups dried pasta (I used Ancient Harvest Quinoa Organic Pasta Gluten Free)
2 cups 2% milk
1 cup loosely packed shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dijon mustard (I used maybe 2 pea sized drops and added baked broccoli)
Directions:
In a small saucepan, add pasta and milk.  Bring to simmer, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, until pasta is soft, stirring frequently and ensuring milk does not boil.
Turn heat off, add cheese & salt & and stir to combine.  Stir in the mustard a little at a time to taste. Cover and let stand for about 5 minutes, then stir again and serve. If not creamy enough, add milk a little at a time, and gently stir.
If you would like to bake it at this point, place in a baking dish and top with a generous sprinkling of cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
Makes enough for 4 people with no leftovers (can easily be doubled).
It was so good and Leah ate it right up.  Brayden enjoyed 2 helpings himself.  Payton was being naughty and begging right under Leah.  Right after Leah asked for a second nap in our bed.  While Leah was sleeping Payton helped herself to Brayden's leftovers.  Once she woke up she sounded and looked much better and got lots of snuggles with Delko. 
I made homemade chicken strips, red skin potato "fries", and snap peas for dinner.  We all enjoyed it!!
  Enjoy the pictures!
Leah skyping with my Mom right before lunch.
 Oh this was so good!!




 My sleepy and sad baby girl.
 She wanted to watch a video in bed once she woke up.










No comments:

Post a Comment