Monday, August 1, 2011

11 months.

This is the last month I can say I have a baby and a toddler.  Next month, I will have two toddlers.  That is weird.  It's kind of sad too.  I can't get over how quickly this last year has gone by.  I was enormous last year at this time, and so ready to be done with pregnancy.  I don't miss many many things about being pregnant, but I do miss a few things.  I miss being able to feel him move, watch my belly stir around like crazy, and the fact he had all his needs met by my body instantly.  I miss that.

He is amazing.  He is a determined, sweet, snuggly, wonderful, and hilarious little boy.  He is pulling himself up on everything, and although he doesn't seem to be interested in walking, he gets himself around quickly and efficiently.  He weighs in at a whopping 16.7lbs, and is jabbering so much more these days.  He hasn't said any real words yet other than syllables like dada, mama, baba... ect.  He loves balls, cars, and drums.  He enjoys clanking pots and pans together, playing in the pool outside, and climbing on everything.

I started getting things ready for his birthday.  I can't even believe it.  He seems so much younger to me.  I am treasuring his littleness for as long as I can.  Even though it is a little bittersweet, I am so excited for what is to come.  He is growing into such a wonderful little boy.  I couldn't have asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment