Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall Favorites.

I had a whole bunch of old frames and some glass gems.  Leah squirted an entire bottle of glue onto the glass and stuck the gems onto the glue.  She had a ton of fun.  Once it dried I put suction cups on it and put it on our front window.  She loves looking at it every time she goes into the kitchen.  She always says, "I made it, Momma!"  It is actually really pretty too!

Ever since Leah was 10 months old she has loved baby dolls.  She has a favorite doll named Nora.  She received Nora the day Brayden was born.  Nora is one of her very favorite toys (taking second place only to Puppy Moey).  I often see Leah changing Nora's diaper, wiping her face, putting a blanket on her, and even nursing Nora.  It is so adorable.  She is very open about it and even nursed baby Nora during church on Sunday in front of everyone.  I honestly am so proud.  It may seem silly, and even weird to some people, but my little Leah has a normalcy and confidence with breastfeeding.  She doesn't know or think there is another way to feed a baby.  I love it.

We went to a local church's Trunk-or-Treat this weekend.  It was a lot of fun, and Leah enjoyed playing different games for "treats".  My favorite part was when she just got done fishing for candy and she pulled me down to her and said, "This is so fun Mom!".  She truly had a great time.  She had a tight grip on the little bag of candy, and smelled every piece about 10 times.  We gave her a tootsie roll (her first ever), and she very much enjoyed it.  Luckily for us, she forgot about the bag of candy thanks to the distraction of Grandma and Grandpa's house.

We had a huge piece of paper laying around so we let the kids do whatever they wanted with it.  At first they crawled back and forth laughing the entire time.  Then Leah said she was hopping like a "kandaroo" (haha), and after that we decided to color.  Brayden wanted to eat the markers and got upset when I told him not to, but he did a decent job coloring too.  Leah was very into coloring and drawing different shapes and animals (with a little help from me).  They really enjoyed it, and with a little music it kept them occupied for a good 2 hours.

Brayden is on the verge of walking.  Just today he has improved so much.  He almost always starts off walking and about half the time he actually gets to where he wants to go without falling.  He is so proud of himself.  I bet by the end of the week he'll be walking full time.  Speaking of the end of the week.. My mom, brother, sister-in-law, and niece (and niece to be - Janelle is 5 months pregnant).  I cannot wait.  I am honestly beyond excited!

Enjoy the pictures!



















No comments:

Post a Comment