Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oh boy.

I have been wanting to do hand/foot prints of the kids for a while.  It would be a fun project as well as a cute keepsake.  I asked Leah how she wanted to do them... either paint or sand.  She wanted to do "SAND!!!"  We had so much fun doing them, even though it was so much messier than I anticipated.  They turned out so cute too!

Leah has been weaned for about 5 months now.  I have occasionally pumped for her, but other than that, she has been num num free for a while.  Recently she has been asking to nurse.  I always giggle at her and tell her num nums are for babies.  Lately, I have been looking at her more closely when she asks, and she isn't just asking to be silly... she really wants to nurse.  I didn't know if I wanted to go down that road again with her, but we decided to let her.  We are changing the time of her nursing session to night time (right before bed), and she only gets it when she is good and doesn't suck her thumb at night time.  She got to nurse for the first time tonight again.  She was HAPPY.

I know it probably weirds people out that I am nursing an almost 3 year old.  But quite honestly, I don't care.  I know what Leah needs.  I know what she can handle, and I know what is best for her.  She needs her Momma, and this is the best way for her to get that comfort.  I also know she'll wean before college (totally kidding here!).  I love it too.




No comments:

Post a Comment