Saturday, December 31, 2011

Supercake

We had a normal fun Saturday.  We all went to the beach this morning and let the kids run around.  Brayden loved playing in the sand and smiling at everyone walking by.  If someone would say hi, or start talking to us, he would follow them after they walked away.  I had to chase him all over the beach, but he enjoyed it so much.  Leah looked for sea shells.  She loves collecting things, so it was extra special to her once she realized she could bring some home.  They ran around like crazy until Brayden decided it was nap time.

Leah has been skipping naps lately, but today she was so worn out she put herself in bed and took a 2 hour nap.  Cavan and I cleaned the entire time they were napping and got a lot done!

We had a tasty dinner and while I was cleaning up I was yet again reminded how amazing my husband is.  Here I was cleaning the dirty dishes listening to the laughter of my children.  Leah and Cavan were pretending to eat hundreds of different cakes.  They were eating Princess cakes, dinosaur cakes, polka-dot cakes, and even angel cakes.  Brayden was able to snag a few "bites" as well.  They were laughing so hard as Cavan was chasing after them.  Leah put on a "cape" and became SuperCake!  She flew around the living room filling it with her sweet laughter.  Somehow it turned into superheros (Leah was SuperCake, and Brayden was SuperCupCake) running around naked with only capes on.  Cavan was Captain Underpants wearing only his underwear, and I was Queen Underpants in my tank and underwear.  The kids thought it was so funny and even Brayden was yelling "Do-to-do!"  We were running around the house in our capes saving the world by delivering cakes.  By now I am sure you have a vivid picture of our evening.  I hope I never forget it, and I hope I always remember the sound of the laughter in our house tonight.  It was magical.  I love my family so much.

There were only a few blog appropriate pictures... these ones aren't the best quality, but they're cute :)









No comments:

Post a Comment