Saturday, January 21, 2012

Last night as a 2 year old.

My little helper, mini me, best buddy... whatever you want to call her - is turning 3 tomorrow!  Why does 3 sound so much older than 2?  Thinking back 3 years ago, I never would have thought I would have such a strong emotional connection with my little girl.  I never would have imagined how much love I would have for her.  I never even had a grasp on how much joy she would bring to us.  She is amazing.

She is not anything what I dreamed my daughter would be - I mean that in a good way.  She has so much depth, more than I have ever seen in a child, yet can be so goofy and sweet at the same time.  She is such a unique, amazing, hilarious, and gorgeous little girl.  The words "I love her" don't even come close to what I truly feel.  She is perfect for our family.  Every minute, day, week, month, and year we get to spend with her is treasured - she is my baby girl.

Not only has she been so wonderful, she has also enhanced a side of myself I never knew existed.  I am much more patient than I ever thought I could be.  I have also learned how to be softer, I never ever considered myself a "softie" but Leah brings out a more sensitive side to me.  She taught me how to be silly and not care what other people think.  I love how she interacts with her Daddy.  He has the biggest heart for Leah, they are so sweet together, and he always knows how to make her laugh.  I love you Leah.


1 comment: