Friday, January 13, 2012

Time with my girl

I never get to spend much one on one time with my kids.  When I get an opportunity, I take it.  Brayden took a late nap on Wednesday and was still sleeping when I had to leave for the fresh food market, so Cavan said he would take the rest of the day off and watch him.  Leah skipped a nap that day (we made cookies), and seemed a little tired, but she wasn't crabby at all, so I took her with me.  Normally she is talking my ear off while driving but she was unusually quiet.  I turned around to find her hunched over sleeping.

I ended up taking the long way to the market so she could get a little rest.  Once she got there she wanted me to hold her, and since Brayden wasn't there I was able to.  It was actually quite nice being able to hold her when she wanted me to.  She helped me get the meat, cheese, and veggies.  She thinks it is the best thing ever when she gets to pull our cooler on wheels (yes, I am that cool).  I am sure one day it will embarrass her, but for now, it's pretty neat.

On the way home we went grocery shopping, and she insisted on walking.  She loves pointing out every fruit and vegetable she sees.  She was naming all of them when a woman passes us and told me she was very impressed with how Leah knew all the vegetables, she said Leah knew more than she did.  Crazy to think my almost 3 year old knew the names of more vegetables than a 50-somethings lady.  Made me proud at the same time.

We enjoyed skyping with Derick, Janelle, and Charlee last night.  I miss them so much.  It will be great to see them once my new baby niece is born.  We are planing on a trip back to MI right before Janelle is due - we really don't want to miss it!

Brayden is getting so big, and getting more and more personality every day.  He dances more than any kid I have ever seen.  The second he hears any kind of beat or music, he is dancing... it never fails.  He is starting to do more "tricks" and is climbing on everything.  I found him on our dining room table the other day.  Now, we need to make sure we push up the chairs every time, which always makes him mad.  He loves trying to keep up with his sister and his cousin, Aubrey.  He is a really confident, smart, and super sweet little boy.

I am blessed more than words can say.









1 comment:

  1. So cute. That's really nice that you got to spend one on one time with leah.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete