Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I nurse a toddler.

I hear it time and time again... Are you nursing your new little one?  'yes, I am!'  Oh that is wonderful!  How long did you nurse your little girl for?  'She is still nursing!'  Wow, really (pause)... How old is she?  'two.'  Oh, that's (pause) great..!

Ha.. my goodness.  Isn't it funny that America is one of the only places in the world that thinks breastfeeding is weird or gross?  And who in their right mind would nurse a TODDLER???  Not only is it a special bonding time between Leah and I, but she is still getting all the antibodies from my milk.  She enjoys it, I enjoy it, and it benefits us both.

So yes, I nurse a toddler, and I like it.

This is one of my very favorite pictures taken by my husband.. Leah was just shy of 2 years old in this photo.

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome! I am still going at 2 years and 6 months <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It Really is strange how people think it's such a weird thing to nurse as long as the child wants. Ella is 20 months and I'm still nursing her. We're TTC right now and if Ella wants to continue I will. You're doing the best thing for both of your kids. Good for you! That picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! I wish I could still be nursing Autumn :( I do sneak in a nursing every now and then with her though. Hehe

    ReplyDelete