Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bub.

My little Bubba hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days.  He started to feel warm on Sunday afternoon, and by Sunday night, I knew he was running a fever.  The only way he would sleep is if he was laying next to me and nursing.  He did the same last night.  Needless to say, I am exhausted.  I am letting his fever run it's course.  I have been asked by a few people why I am not using Motrin or Tylenol... His body is obviously trying to rid of a virus or bacteria by raising it's temperature just enough to kill the virus or bacteria.  If I were to give him something to lessen his fever, it would allow the virus or bacteria to not only survive, but thrive in his body.  I have been putting a cold compress on his forehead if he gets too warm.

He is doing quite well given the situation.  He doesn't like to be away from me, and wants me to hold him a lot.  I am ok with that.  I took out our old Sleepy Wrap and wore him almost the entire day.  He fell asleep in the 3 times today.  As of right now, he is sleeping for the first time by himself in 2 days.  I am very ready for him to feel better.




No comments:

Post a Comment