Saturday, June 11, 2011

Good to be home!

We had an amazing trip to Michigan.  It was so great to see my friends and family.  I loved introducing Brayden to many of them.  The kids did well on the plane.  Leah thought it was great sitting in her own seat watching new videos on her little dvd player.  Brayden would have rather been home in his bed, but he did fine.  

I was worried Leah would have a hard time sleeping, so I ordered a toddler air mattress and had it sent to my mom's house before we went.  She thought it was the coolest thing ever.  My mom got her a pink cheetah print sleeping bag, and that just sealed the deal.  She did pretty well.. the last few nights she woke up often, and actually crawled in bed with Cavan a couple times.  It was pretty cute.  

Leah and I went fishing with my dad.  She really didn't want to touch the fish, but she seemed to enjoy herself.  We caught quite a few fish.  A couple days later, my dad and I took Cavan fishing.  We caught some huge fish.  It was so much fun.  I loved it.  

We also took the kids to the zoo.  Leah loved seeing all the animals.  We walked up a huge hill, and saw there were camel rides.  Leah immediately saw the camels, and said, "ride camel!!!"  I didn't think she would do it, but we decided to give it a try.  She loved it!  I was so proud of her.  It was so bumpy, and she was right in front of me.  I was shocked.  Cavan said she didn't stop smiling the entire time.

We got to see a couple of my friends.  Erin, Jordan, and Autumn came over and played for a little bit.  The girls really got along well.  I miss them already!  Jessica came over with Grace and Molly.  I can't believe how big they are getting.  I wish we lived closer.

I loved seeing my cousins, niece, nephews, aunts, uncles, brother, and new sister in law... oh it was great.  Although, I am exhausted.  It feels so good to be home.  We are trying to get the entire house organized before the 20th... That is when Cavan is going to start working... hopefully before.

Our kittens just about doubled in size, and the dogs were so happy to see us.  My friend, Jen, house sat for us, and they were very well taken care of.  I am so excited to hang out with her soon!!!  

Brayden is currently cutting teeth numbers: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8... poor kid.  His left top tooth just cut through this morning.  We only noticed because he was gritting his teeth (yuck, I can't stand that sound).  He thinks it's funny.  He is a crawling like crazy.. he is really fast!  He is getting really good about eating food.  I gave him tons of fruit and cereal tonight before bed, then I nursed him for a long time... I am hoping it'll help him sleep longer.  He's doing well (only up 2-3 times) a night, but I am trying to push it a little bit.  

Leah is amazing.  I have an entire post about her I will type tonight as well.  I am so proud of her.  She is having so much fun in her back yard.  She loves the pool and water table.  She is madly in love with her kittens.  I can't believe how much she is talking and how outgoing she is getting.  She is wonderful.  

Enjoy all these pictures of our trip to Michigan... sorry there are so many, I couldn't chose my favorites.




































 Leah and Daddy on the monitor sleeping... so cute.
 sporting her first Michigan mosquito bite.









Brayden is happy to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment